Sep 13, 2007

Catch Up

Well, it has certainly been a long time since I've posted. Lets see if I can catch those few people that read this up.

I had a weeks holidays at the end of August and went to Tigh-Na-Mara resort/spa on Vancouver Island with my mother. I highly recommend this as a vacation choice. I received a relaxing massage and manicure/pedicure and felt very pampered. The rooms were very nice, and the atmosphere in general was relaxing. The Cedar dining room had excellent food and I enjoyed my meals there a great deal.

When I came home from Vancouver Island I decided to do a trip to Edmonton for the long weekend. Therby seeing both my parents in one vacation. I had a great time with Dad and Glenda and got to see some friends as well. I went bowling, out for lunch and glow in the dark mini-golf which was a first for me. Then I came home on Labour Day Monday fully prepared to go back to work...

However, somewhere along the line I caught the flu, and bronchitis. So I spent the next week very uncomfortable in my apartment wondering where I had gone wrong. My cat was quite attentive and cuddly which is always a comfort when you're sick and miserable. I finally made it in to the doctor and got some good antibiotics to clear it all up.

I did eventually make it back to work and have been busily trying to catch up and get prepared for the annual tax retreat which I have a small part in organising this year. As always I enjoy a large challenge but I do find that I am wearing down very easily by the end of the day. It gets better as I get healthier though so it won't be long before I'm at full steam.

3 comments:

LefthandedSocks said...

well it is about time that you post again. Sorry I missed you the last time you were in Edmonton

kris said...

It must be something you ate. You didn't eat any vegetables in the cedar dining room did you? Don't let a nice atmosphere trick you into eating something green.

Kyla McKenzie said...

You know I never eat anything green...no matter how dark it is in there.