Jan 30, 2009

Construction Zones

I seem to have a beacon on me that says please surround with construction. See not that long ago the city undertook a major construction job right at the intersection where my building resides. This caused a variety of minor but noticeable changes in my life and I was glad when the bulk of it was done. However, just as that job was wrapping up a major construction zone started up across the street from the building where I worked, and again several minor but noticeable changes. Well, I no longer work in that building so I thought that I would finally be free of all construction zones when....you guessed it. They are remodelling the entire interior of the lobby of the building where I now work. I just can't seem to get away from construction. I suppose now I will just have to be happy that these projects provide people with jobs which in these times is no small feat.

As for my job it has gotten interesting. Not only the increase and variety of my actual work but also the tense atmosphere due to potential layoffs. I am trying to take it all in stride while praying that I keep my job, and that everyone else keeps their jobs, but it can be difficult to work with that hanging over your head all the time.

I find working with the possibility of being laid off especially daunting because I am saving for training college this year. My application has progressed nicely and I am now finishing up the last of my paperwork. I passed my course with flying colours (for me), and am glad to be finishing everything up. Once that paperwork is done it will just be a matter of patience and prayer, and ya know...I can do those.

Oh, and I also got two new tattoos to my families many varied reactions, but these two should finish it up for me. I can't believe I have 4...it seems like it should be a lot but maybe because three of them are on my back I don't think it's too many.

2 comments:

Fred and Wendy said...

So you could say...your tatoos are behind you!

Kyla McKenzie said...

Fred, your humour never fails to cause a reaction in me...the reaction itself varies mind you but there's always a reaction.