Oct 13, 2009

Family Visit/Thanksgiving Weekend

Well, it was a great Thanksgiving weekend here as my family all showed up in Winnipeg to celebrate my grandparents 80th birthdays and 55th wedding anniversary. I was very pleased to see my two youngest cousins who I haven't seen since they were toddlers and aunts and uncles who I don't get to see very often. Oh and I got to see my dad too which was okay ;).

As we spent the weekend going from meal to meal I was given ample time to reflect on the many things I have to be thankful for. For family who is close and gets together at least every few years. For being able to go out for dinner and have my choice of food. For freedom of religion that we can all worship Christ together at church, and many other things.

I was of course thrilled to have my family from Calgary all come in....yes all 6 of them drove out, and this made my month. In the past 18 months or so I have spent a great deal of time with them and have really missed them these past two months. Getting to spend two whole days with them really cheered me up. It was very hard to say goodbye but I know no matter what happens, they'll always be there to puncture my ego and remind me of my roots :). Love you guys!!!

No comments: