Oct 4, 2012

Recipes

I really enjoy baking and cooking and do both fairly regularly. From a baking perspective I'm known for my frogs and my chocolate cheesecake and from a cooking perspective my lasagna and chicken skewers. However, I like to cook more than that and for that matter bake more than that. So, sometimes I go looking for recipes, the recipe search is also brought on by a frantic realization that I need to have something made for that day and I am trying to figure out what I can make from what's in my cupboards.

The frantic searches have shown me that I can bake pastry but also that I should avoid plain custard. The more relaxed searches have introduced me to all sorts of fun recipes but more, they have shown to me how to be creative with recipes. I have learned to read a recipe, take it apart and put it back together again the way I want it. Sometimes that means the recipe stays exactly the same, but more often it means that I change something to suit me. It also generally means that my recipes don't come out the same way twice but hey, that's half the fun.

How are you creative with your recipes?

No comments: