May 6, 2007

Tattoo




For those of you that don't know I got a tattoo for my 16th birthday from my mother. Yes, I know how odd that may sound, but when you consider that I had started asking for a tattoo at the age of 10 you'll see how my mother just wanted to put some control on what tattoo I received and where.

So, at 13 I had to tell Mom what I wanted and where I wanted it (cross, right shoulder blade) and if that was what I wanted at 16 she'd get me the tattoo. So, a week before my 16th birthday she mentioned the a tattoo parlour and that was all it took for me to ask for the exact same thing. One Friday afternoon we went and I got my first tattoo. Which I've now had for a few years and still love.

Well, after a few years I started thinking about getting a second one. I decided immediately upon a celtic knot on my left shoulder blade to offset the first one however, actually going to get the tattoo seemed a bit more delayed. It took me five years of debating and hesitating and hemming and hawing but here I am today...with my second tattoo.

Last week I went with friends of mine to watch them get their tattoos and decided enough was enough I needed to stop talking about it and get my tattoo. So I took the design, made an appointment and finally got it. It seems I like getting tattoos for my birthday. There's still a third design I want but it will take awhile for me to get used to this one. So we'll see if it's another five years.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!!!

Lilith said...

congrats! welcome to the world of inking. i got my first at 14 (lied about my age to the guy at the inkshop) and i just got my second around a month ago.