Apr 24, 2010

Appointments and Summer Assignments

Well, it's a big time of year within The Salvation Army in Canada as moves are announced across the country. Many individuals receive phone calls telling them that in June they will be moving themselves and their families to a new location. It is a big deal at the college too because it isn't a few cadets receiving that notification but ALL cadets receiving one appointment or another.

The second year cadets were given the location of their first appointment after two years of intense training. On a personal note I was thrilled to see 7 cadets on their way to Alberta after they are commissioned as Lieutenants. I am very excited for the rest of the second years as well as they head out across Canada to their new ministries.

The first year cadets were given their Summer Assignments. This is several weeks working in a corps/family services unit within Canada. This year there are 6 of the 13 headed to Newfoundland including myself who is heading to Robert's Arm. I am very excited to be heading off to that beautiful province. I've been to Newfoundland 3 times before and every time I've been there it's been fantastic. I'm sure this time will be no different and I look forward to the opportunities presented to me.

No comments: