May 4, 2010

Big Days

Well the past couple of days have been a bit hard to believe. Yesterday I celebrated my birthday and what a great day. I was happy to spend it with some people who have become incredibly close to me over the past number of months and it was great to simply sit and have some great laughs. I received many messages on facebook and I realize for many these are a matter of rote but I had some that were very meaningful and touching written amongst those as well and I loved seeing them on my wall.

Today was another big day as I found out that I was elected the president of the cadet council here at college for next year's council. THEN on top of all of this was my road test. I have had my learner's license for awhile and was very slack about practicing and learning to drive but once I got here that was no longer possible. So, through some help from friends and lessons I began working more assiduously on my license and then - Ta Da! I actually passed it.

It was quite a bit to cram into two short days and by the time I went to bed last night I was ready to fall over from fatigue. It wasn't a physical labour but a mental and emotional one and in this case a very happy labour. So, a big shout out to all those who helped me learn how to drive - except my peanut gallery of a younger cousin if she ever reads this ;). THANKS

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

An exciting time with well-deserved success. Congratulations! I am very proud of you!!

Kyla McKenzie said...

Thanks - except for the sacrificing a cat comment