Oct 25, 2010

Exciting Times


What a crazy little while it has been in my life. This past weekend I went to Beaver Creek, Saskatchewan for the Youth Together weekend in the prairies. We drove out as a group from Winnipeg and headed west (although not as far west as home unfortunately) to Saskatchewan. Over the weekend we had a great time as we spent time in worship, attended seminars and hung out with each other. I saw people do crazy things in a game called the Dare Affair and was very impressed by how willing everyone was. My worship was called "Dare 2 Dance" and we discussed worshiping God and the many ways we can do that today. The other workshops sounded excellent and I wish I had an opportunity to attend them. Major Denise Walker from Toronto was our guest speaker and did an excellent job telling us about God's love in our lives. It was a great weekend and even the 8 hour bus rides ended up being fun.

In other news....I have been appointed to Markham, Ontario for my winter placement here at the college and I am so excited to be heading out for the 10 days there. I haven't been to Ontario in a little while and the area that I will be in is very near Richmond Hill where my mom grew up and it's always nice to see stuff like that.

Also, every day I get a little closer to a series of BIG days this year - the clock she is a tickin' and it's hard to believe that June is coming up and I'll be heading out.

1 comment:

Fred and Wendy said...

Keep blogging - love your updates!