Dec 14, 2011

Christmas Movies

Okay, there are some Christmas movies and shows that a lot of people would list off - How the Grinch Stole Christmas, White Christmas, Miracle of 34th Street, A Charlie Brown Christmas and many, many others. I think there are a lot of people who have specific movies/shows/specials that they watch at Christmas. I know I do for sure!

My Christmas movies are - both versions of The Grinch, the Santa Clause movies, Elf, White Christmas and...The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Chronicles of Narnia movies :). I know those last two sets may seem a little odd, but as I am odd I just roll with it. See the Lord of the Rings trilogy all came out at Christmas over three years and my dad and I went to see all three together so they have come to be associated with Christmas for me. Now the Chronicles of Narnia - I have no idea when they came out but for me they also mean Christmas - especially the Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. In that movie they have a couple of brief mentions that while the White Witch is ruling Narnia it is always winter and never Christmas. If you read the books those mentions happen much more frequently and so I think of them at Christmas.

I also enjoy A Charlie Brown Christmas special and all those old, corny Christmas TV specials that come on. I like the Christmas episodes of TV shows that I watch and LOVE that this year's Glee Christmas episode had both kettles and the Bible in it. Yup...it may be a busy time but the joy of Christmas is still there....even in the fun times of movies and TV specials.

So, you know what's coming, what are your favourite Christmas movies?

No comments: