May 25, 2010

Home for the Weekend

This weekend I was fortunate enough to pop back to Calgary for three days and visit with friends and family. I got to hang out with people as well as attend my home church and all those things you like to do when you go home. It was a bit of a funny time as absolutely everything I did was something I might have done on any weekend when I lived in Calgary. I mean maybe I wouldn't have seen work people on the weekend but I certainly might have gotten together with friends or gone to Chinook on any given Saturday. Sunday was the epitome of a normal day as I went in to church, played in the band and went out to lunch afterwards with my aunt, uncle and cousins.

What made it different of course was that it was only a weekend at home. That I was leaving on Monday was always on my mind. I also didn't get the same number of big hugs on Sunday morning when I was actually living in Calgary. My presence was much more common place when I lived there so I didn't get the big greetings. The other odd thing that happened would be completely normal to me in every other place but because Glenmore is home it was odd. At the end of the service I got called up to pronounce the benediction and pray to close. I would not be surprised by this and would even expect it in any other church but at "home" it seemed a little unexpected.

At any rate it was a fantastic weekend and so good to see those I did. I've found many more people I will see in Newfoundland over the Summer and that's good news. It makes my upcoming Summer Assignment so much more exciting.

No comments: