Jun 1, 2010

Field Placement

Well I'm still trying to blog more frequently although I'm only somewhat succeeding in that but here's another one in my seemingly endless attempt to communicate in this fashion.

Part of the training college program involves a variety of practicums. In our first semester this involved touring some of the various facilities that we might be going to in our second semester as well as helping out with various events The Salvation Army in Winnipeg was involved in. Our second semester has us placed at a field placement that we attend every week from January to June. I have been fortunate to be involved with one of the day programs run here in the city and have loved it.

What's been really great is the getting out and learning through hands on opportunities. The group of people that I was working with are so open and willing to help that it made my job easy. I am sincerely going to miss my weekly sessions there and look forward to maybe stopping by in the fall semester just to say hi.

The comment was made at our field supervisors appreciation lunch about lasting impressions and this has certainly made one on me.

No comments: