Aug 27, 2010

Hangin' with my cousin

This is going to be one of those totally random blogs. I'm sitting here with my cousin Lindsay who is the fifth in regards to the ages of my cousin but she says she's first. However, as I'm the oldest in age I'm also the first for "coolness". We've spent a chunk of today hangin' out and discussing our many geeky commonalities such as Star Trek, Doctor Who, and of course even more Star Trek - what would life be with out those television series and movies? Anyway my cousin Lindsay is pretty awesome and I'm enjoying some quality time with her.

It's been a nice day, very relaxing, and I am already enjoying my vacation here in Calgary. It is great to reconnect with my family and friends and see the familiar sights and sounds of my hometown. There is a great deal of comfort in the familiar and it is very nice to be able to be totally at home and relaxed for my vacation. I have had some excitement this vacation as I am dealing with a stolen suitcase that has been found but apparently my stuff is in some dubious condition. This will be yet another story to add to my repertoire of exciting times in my life and possible sermon illustrations for future use. So, as I continue to enjoy a time of renewal and rest basically this blog is about how great my family is. Love you guys!!!

No comments: