Nov 12, 2010

General Update

Just thought I'd write a quick note as to what I've been up to lately.

I've been really enjoying my class time this semester as I'm taking courses in Homiletics, Organizational Leadership, Pentateuch and Jesus of Nazareth (in no particular order of preference). It's been great to spend time in each of these classes learning all sorts of new things and really learning to open my mind and think. I enjoy being able to interact with the teachers in these classes and they are great at taking the time to work through questions and observations.

I already wrote about going to Markham, ON for my winter assignment and I am thrilled about that. Every day that brings it closer I get more excited about the opportunities there. I won't be going to Calgary or anywhere for Christmas this year which is sad, but I know I'll have a good time here in Winnipeg hanging out with the crowd that's staying here.

My field placement at Winnipeg East is going very well. I am enjoying the opportunity to meet and get to know a whole group of people who have known my dad's family for a long time....although most of them don't know my dad :). I also love the ministry opportunities I'm getting to experience while at the corps and the lovely people there. I look forward to my remaining months there.

No comments: