May 3, 2012

It's My Birthday

I love my birthday (other peoples too) and so far have no problem with getting older although, someone saying I was no longer a spring chicken recently kinda threw me off. However, I enjoy being young and having a day to celebrate and I hope that I enjoy the celebrating when I'm not quite as young. Fortunately this year many good things have coincided with my birthday. Last weekend my father and his wife were in town along with another officer and we had a great weekend. I got some ice cream cake and a new iPod and it was a good time. This weekend I also have family in town - my second parents - and am really excited to see them and to play with their dog.

Conveniently - and not planned - my birthday has fallen on the day I usually take off and so I have been able to relax and get my house ready for some amazing company. In a little bit I'll go out for some supper and then back home to finish my day of relaxation. I love those days that are primarily about opening a good book...or three....or four....well who's counting anyway, and I love that it happened on my birthday as that's a present in and of itself. There was even a bit of sun this morning to make it perfect.

And, there's still more ice cream cake to enjoy!

No comments: