Mar 23, 2007

The Ballet

I went to go see Alberta ballet's Cinderella last night. It was fantastic. I really enjoyed it. The stepmother and stepsisters were hilarious. The stepmother was played by a guy and he did a very good job of acting the matron. The prince was a beautiful dancer as was Cinderella and the fairy godmother and her fairies were very graceful. Although, the pinnacle of the performance had to be the sprites. They were little girls no more than 6 years old who came out and did a little routine. The sprites stole the show.

I don't go the ballet very often as it's not my favourite form of entertainment however, I do like to go every once in awhile and last night was worth it. At some point next season they will be performing Mozart's Requiem and that will be a must see. As well, they are putting on Giselle so next year I may be going to the opera more often than usual.

It is now 3 weeks until I leave for Mexico and I am counting down the days. More importantly this next week coming up will be extremely busy so I'm holding onto the idea of Mexico as though it was a lifeboat. I will need every day dream when I'm out with work until 11pm and in to work at 6am the following morning. I will be reminding myself constantly that in April I will be able to go to bed when I want and get up when I want. I love vacation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's now officially less than 3 weeks until we go to Mexico - 2 weeks and 5 days to be exact!