Apr 2, 2007

I survived it....barely


This last week at work was a week I'd been dreading for quite awhile. I had three social events I was organising for various groups and a breakfast seminar. Monday started fine. I was busy of course but managed to juggle everything and get it set. I went out Monday night to the first of the social events and had a great time. We were doing Bowl for Kids and I really enjoyed it. First was a game of regular bowling and then we did wacky bowling which involved hand holding, back scratching and other "interesting" ways to bowl. Then I went home and woke up Tuesday morning convinced I was dieing. Somewhere along the way I had managed to catch the flu. Unfortunately I could not stay home Tuesday due to a breakfast seminar the following day. At any rate I was in all day that day, but I got to go home in the morning on Wednesday. The advantage to a breakfast seminar is that it's over nice and early. I finally felt better on Friday which was a good thing cause it was time for the second social event. That one went off without a hitch. The usual entertainment of people who didn't say they would come showing up and people who said they would be there but not showing up. In the end the numbers evened out and we were able to get on with it. Saturday was the last event and hardly any work at all. I just had to show up and make sure everything was running smoothly.
So here I sit almost healthy which isn't quite as good as almost famous but it works for me. I'm glad last week is over. Now to make it through 11 more days and last week will be a faded memory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know you're still alive.

Unknown said...

Good to see you.