Aug 17, 2009

Farewell Sunday

Well, I can't believe it, not only has my farewell Sunday come but now it's gone. It was both a really good day and a really sad one. I had an opportunity to speak and I talked about growing up in such a great church. Surrounded by people who love me and have always taken care of me. I have never been and never will be able to say that I have no one there for me and nowhere to go because there was always someone at Glenmore who would be there for me.

That response time was the only time I started to cry during the morning and those who know me will know that crying at all at something like this is unusual but it was a big day. After the service there was a time to chat and enjoy some great desserts and cake. I had a great time chatting with friends and family and getting an opportunity to say goodbye. There were lots of hugs, and laughs and memories. I will always miss these people but I know that they'll welcome me back for holidays, and visits no matter what happens.

I've included some pictures from the day.

My crazy family

My best friends
Cutting the cake
Response time

3 comments:

Ian McKenzie said...

I can't believe it either. You've written two blog posts in one month! :-P

Fred and Wendy said...

You look great in the photos, and your Father's sentimental comment adds so much to it!

Kyla McKenzie said...

Thank you Fred and as for Dad well when you're glad to see someone go you have a different perspective on these notes ;)