Aug 14, 2009

It may be a rut but it's all mine

Some people will tell you I'm in a rut, others will say that I am a creature of habit. Personally I say I'm just content. I am the person that tends to buy the same items at the same stores all the time. As I've been moving I started to wonder if they'd notice I was even gone.

Calgary is a bigish city and todays society is not focussed as much on customer service, so I think between those two items they probably won't notice one less customer no matter how regularly I buy items from their location.

I am excited to set up new habits, locations, items and stores in Winnipeg. It never takes me long to hunt up those haunts of mine. I remember when I was working in Australia for 3 weeks and within the first three days I had my routine firmly established. Now if that was somewhere I was living for only 3 weeks imagine if I'm there for 2 years. I might have my routine established in the first day - we'll have to see.

You may have guessed from the above that I'm not exactly thrilled about change in my life so I've been having feelings of extreme excitement warring with my inherent dislike of change. However, in my new quest to be more positive I've been focussing on the excitement and reminding myself that this gives me a great chance to make or break habits that need it.

No comments: