Jun 20, 2010

Congress

Well, there is so much I could say about this wonderful weekend here in St. John's. I have really, really enjoyed my time here and it has helped get me even more excited (if that's possible) for my Summer. It has been a time of reconnection, great music, wonderful worship and fellowship.

I found out that I knew more people here than anticipated. I mean I did expect to see some of the folks that I have run into, but many others have come up to me that remember me from when I lived here and others that lived in Calgary for a time. Then, after you add in all of the people that know my Dad or my Grandparents I think I know most of the people here. It sometimes leaves me feeling a bit stunned if the truth were told. I did see Fred and Wendy as well as Kerry and Cheryl and so felt like I was getting to see some family over the weekend :).

The General was a great speaker and I enjoyed each of his messages. Commissioning was a very moving and exciting time as I watched friends become the latest Salvation Army officers. I am thrilled to see 7 heading to my home division and I wish them and all the other new Lieutenants God's blessings in their ministry.

Now for me it's off to Robert's Arm and that should be a great time.

No comments: