Feb 26, 2011

The Infamous To Do List

Do you have a To Do List? I have a to do list - sometimes it feels like I have a to do list for my to do list. Is the to do list ever complete? I don't think so, I think the completed to do list is an urban myth. Where I struggle with the list is never getting it completed. It seems as soon as I cross off one thing I can think of half a dozen other things to get completed.

Now, it's important to realize that I am not about to advocate not using lists. I love lists, I make lists that are detailed and organized and sometimes I make them just for fun....yes, what if lists. I realize this admission will make a few people chuckle, and some might accuse me of insanity. I'm okay with that :).

What did cause me to think about this was lovely reading week which is now almost done...sigh. I had and have a to do list for reading week and of course I didn't get it all done. BUT I did get some of it done. I also still have the better part of the weekend to get even more on the list done, provided I don't expect to start Monday morning with absolutely nothing left to do. I am actually feeling pretty good about the fact that I got stuff done and I know I'll feel even better by the time the weekend is over.

Yup, all in all a great week where my to do list is far from complete but the important things are done or started :).

3 comments:

Ian McKenzie said...

You're insane!!! ;-P

Hotel in Brugge said...

Thanks for nice posting

University Exam Result said...

What great story i like this post and i will say to thank you for the
attractive posting.