Aug 19, 2011

Songs in the Head

Anyone else have songs in their head all the time? I feel like I'm constantly walking around with some tune or another stuck in my head. Most of the time if I know the words of the full arrangement it's okay. It only drives me nuts if I only know say the first line. However, the songs that have been bouncing around in there...(pause for obvious joke)...the past few days are songs that I am quite familiar with and actually seem to work nicely together in theme.

One of them is Showers of Blessing as played in the band arrangement Las Lluvias Grandes. This is a very fun arrangement of the tune to listen to and a favourite of mine. The words that most come into my head are "There shall be showers of blessing, This is the promise of love".

The other song is by Mandisa and it's called Broken Hallelujah. The song is sung from the perspective of someone who is in pain, even shattered yet brings the message that even if it's a broken hallelujah, praise will still rise to the Lord. The second verse is about how the Lord has given so much more than the singer (or listener in my case) deserves.

That is where the linking point comes in for me on these two songs. They both remind me just how much God has given me, of just how faithful God has been to me and as Mandisa sings "if all that I can sing is a broken hallelujah, if my only offering is shattered praise, still a song of adoration will rise up from these ruins..." It's not about a perfect sound, or being in a perfect place in our lives...We simply should praise God who has given us so much, who has blessed us and who will always be with us.

No comments: