Jul 2, 2012

One Year

Well, I've been an officer for a year and an officer in Fernie for a year! Okay, technically I didn't arrive until the middle of July but I was still the officer here as of July 1st and as I'm away from here this year on the exact date of my arrival last year, I celebrated my anniversary on July 1....did you follow that sentence? What a year! I still can't believe that this town is my first appointment. Every single day I am blown away by the beauty of this place and am reminded of the glory of God's creation.
This has been a year of learning. I have learned some of the ins and outs of policies and procedures, I have started to learn what to keep with me and what to let go...and I have learned that killing ants can be a full time job.
All in all this has been a good year and I can say with complete honesty that I bet next year's going to be even better.

1 comment:

Fred and Wendy said...

Kyla, glad to hear it's been a good year and no doubt the Lord has blessed the people through you! We're looking forward to more blogs about year two and discovering what else God is going to do through you! We are very proud of you!