Jul 15, 2010

For Clarification

I had a facebook status regarding my tendency to be getting into cars as their drivers decide to pull away and as this has happened multiple times and both very funny I thought I'd write up about them as the memories (one quite recent) bring a chuckle to me still.

A few years ago my church band was off to B.C. for a band trip and this time we were all car pooling in various vehicles and me and 3 other ladies went together. We were staying in a lovely house with a rather steep driveway and on our last morning we were of course packing up the car. Well, I put my foot in the car and leaned across the back to put something there and didn't the driver start to back up. I was rather alarmed as you can well imagine and I started to call out....luckily the driver stopped before going too fast or too far and I got into the car.

This morning my officer supervising me for the summer and I headed out to a visit and I was just getting into the car as she hit reverse and pulled out fast enough to cause me to fall into the car (very fortunate). When I called out she stopped and I got myself sorted and properly seated with the door closed.

So, all unbeknownst to me I apparently have a propensity for this type of accident as well as arm-breaking. Just another amusing anecdote to add to the many ones out there :).

As for things in my summer appointment - they are going well and are very busy for the next few weeks which will hopefully keep me out of trouble

2 comments:

Lindsay D said...

This post made me smile :) That was a pretty awesome trip to BC!

Anonymous said...

I am so killing myself laughing right now :)