Jul 4, 2010

Good News

Fact #1 - I cannot do this on my own

Fact #2 - I do not have to

These two statements are both completely correct. As I have been spending my time in a variety of tasks here I am reminded daily that there is no way I could be an officer on my own strength. It is a job that is filled with ups and downs and a never ending supply of work, and struggles to balance time. I noticed this at CFOT and I notice it even more in the field. I still have many questions and much to learn and as I was reminded the other day - the beginning of wisdom is "I don't know".

The joy and fulfillment of my life is that I don't have to do it alone. Yes, I'm single, I haven't lost my mind and forgotten that fact, but as with all Christians I have God within me all the time. He will never leave me. When I am nervous, unsure or wondering what to do the answers may not come immediately but God is there as a source of comfort, strength and love to hold me up no matter what.

I've already learned a LOT this summer and have no doubt that over the next 6.5 weeks I will continue to learn even more, but through all that the reminder that God is more than able is a good lesson to keep at the forefront.

No comments: